New skilled regional visas:
Two new skilled regional visas will open to applications on 16 November 2019. These new visas will promote regional migration and replace two existing subclasses:
|Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 491)||Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) – first provisional stream|
|Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 494)||Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187) – Direct Entry stream|
Benefits of new visas
- Priority processing of regional applications
- Incentives for migrants to stay in regional areas longer term as they build ties through workforce and community participation
- Can apply for permanent residence without a second nomination stage, if eligible, through the subclass 191 visa (commences 16 November 2022)
- Lower cost to employers with only one SAF levy stage for the subclass 494 nomination (compared to the two stages for the current subclass 482 to ENS subclass 186 permanent resident pathway)
- More points available to subclass 491 visa applicants
- Broader range of occupations available than non-regional pathways
- Expanded and consistent classification of regional areas
The minimum taxable income for the subclass 494 and 191 visa will be set at the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold (TSMIT) unless concessions are agreed (such as in relation to a DAMA). TSMIT is currently $53,900.
We will provide more information about the new skilled regional visas shortly.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa closes 16 November 2019
The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) Direct Entry (DE) stream visa will close to new applications from 16 November 2019. Employers/migration agents who intend to lodge RSMS nomination and visa applications under the DE stream should submit a request for assessment by a relevant Regional Certifying Body (RCB) regarding local labour market conditions before this date.
Please contact us to get more details for this visa category.
If you want to avail this opportunity send your us your updated resume on [email protected]